Everything you need to know about the Performing Arts Forum
Prices in 2017 are 18 euro per night when your stay is longer than 5 nights and 20 euro when under 5 nights. 475 euro for one month. Plus a membership fee of 12 euro, valuable for 12 months and a digital form to sign that PAF is not liable for any damage done to you.
Food will be served, one pays 17 euro per day extra for the food.
You will have to order a taxi to pick you up at the train station: Taxi Leblanc +33(0)323226909.
The taxi brings you for 6 euros to PAF from St-Erme station and for 35 euros from Laon (same price for a 3/4 person or a 7/8 person taxi). Before 7h and after 19h and the weekends 7 euro and 42 euros. They only speak french. Call them on beforehand as they have to come from st.erme.
Inform them when you have a lot of luggage.
When the weather is nice you can also walk from St-Erme station ; . it’s 2200meters from paf.
Take the road between the Pharmacie and the café Cap Vert and follow the line in the middle. The road goes constantly up a little bit.
Look at the PAF website, www.pa-f.net under the chapter BASICS, scroll down to green sub-chapters to 'How to go to PAF' for the latest train schedules and travel information.
There is a bus/train connection directly from airport Charles de Gaulle.
And for Scandinavians RyanAir recently initiated flights from Oslo and Stockholm to Paris Vatry airport, which is quite close to Reims.
PAF provides bedcover, sheets, pillow cover and towel.
Payment in cash or french chèque upon arrival, or in the first days of your stay. No creditcards, no banktransfer. There is an ATM machine at a nearby Supermarket.
PAF has 3 rules.
- Don't leave traces (clean behind you in order to leave every square centimeter, that is not your private room, all the time available for everybody)
- Make it possible for others ( thought as to open up space(s) by showing a rehearsal or a movie, giving a lecture, starting a discussion or cleaning a corridor, or as to keep space(s) open by keeping them available and not occupied with traces from you)
- The do-er decides (things are decided by the one's who do more than the ones who speak)
(Think them interrelatedly)
PAF has 3 no's.
-no partners (unless the partner has a project to work on), no animals, no kids. PAF wants to be a place to produce not a social one.
PAF has 3 principles.
1. Reversibility. The things in PAF ( whether they are objects, subjects or institutions/organisations) are there for you and you are there for the things as well. I.e. PAF or the coffee machine, the other or a corridor is there for you as much as you are there for PAF or the coffee machine, for the other or the corridor.
2. Exchange. Of whatever Knowledge, Machines, Expertise, Spaces, Times, Things
3. Liquidity. You are kindly invited to make fluid what is fixed, whether this concerns your mental ('I am like this') or your material property.
PAF's relation to the village is very fragile. A nice and positive relation is necessary. We established this and we do a lot of effort to keep it as such. Therefore we organize concerts and english conversation and knitting for the villagers in PAF. Please refrain from arty interventions or site specific events in the village. Art only in the PAF compound. And please no loud noises in the night in the garden or the building.
To enhance the Taking Care For Yourself And For The Other, we experiment with a self-check-in. This is displayed in the entrance hall. Please respect the free (green) or occupied (red) sign, even when a room seems to be empty. This might have reasons of planning on our side. You find your sheets and towel in the laundry room, please respect orderly piles.
The mutual use of the available studios is discussed and negociated between the colleagues when you are in PAF. The principles and rules are the guidelines for this.
We wish you a fruitful time in PAF.
15 rue haute I 02820 Saint-Erme-Outre-et-Ramecourt